The Flyweight is designed as a high performance open water racer. For light rowers the Flyweight is substantially faster than any other open water shell, including our Maas 24. The Flyweight is also an exciting and responsive shell for advanced recreational rowers and an excellent trainer for flat water racers. Not a cut down ‘big boat’, we’ve designed a completely new shell; the hull shape, foot stretcher and cockpit size, and rigging geometry are all scaled specifically for rowers under 140 lbs.
At a rigged weight of 35 lbs. (32 for the Carbon series) the Flyweight is very easy to carry.
- Length: 24’1″, Beam at washbox: 16.5″, Beam at waterline: 12″
- Weight fully rigged: 35 lbs, Carbon series; 32 lbs
- Maximum rower weight: 140 lbs
- Splash guard: Virtually unbreakable polycarbonate
- Oarlocks: Adjustable for height, pitch and spread (155-160 cm)
- Seat: Foam core fiberglass — this design is the best we’ve found for long distance rowing
- Rigger: Wing style. Welded 6061 T6 aluminum tube construction. Adjustable for height and work through the pin. Elegant, light and rigid, easily removed for storage and transport
- Self bailer: Optional, very useful for choppy conditions — a must for open water racing — suction type, 4oz
- Foot Stretchers: Carbon fiber/fiberglass, cored construction, neoprene and Velcro straps — fits women’s sizes up to 10, men’s to 8 1/2
- Inspection port: 4″ diameter — comes with an integral nylon bag for wallet, keys, etc
- Skeg: Standard plastic — optional larger aluminum model aids in rough water tracking
- Hull and deck construction: Syntactic foam core fiberglass, carbon fiber reinforced, vinyl ester resin, 4-6 mil gel coat finish — custom color, stripes, and graphics available. Positive floatation is provided by four air bags