The Maas 24 is the boat of choice for many serious open water racers. It has won and set course records in most of the open water races in the United States since 1990.
Faster and less stable than our Aero, this shell was designed specifically to be the fastest boat an experienced sculler could row in open water. Speed very close to that of a single scull makes the 24 ideal for flat water racers concerned with training regardless of water conditions. Advanced recreational scullers find the 24 an exciting and challenging next step.
In all water conditions the Maas 24 provides immediate response to changes in technique. It rewards proficiency with exhilarating performance and for many of us, that is what sculling is all about.
- Length: 24′. Beam on deck: 20″. Beam at waterline: 14″
- Weight fully rigged: 39 lbs, Carbon series; 36 lbs
- Maximum rower weight: 240 lbs
- Rigger: Wing style. Welded 6061 T6 aluminum tube construction. Adjustable for height and work through the pin. Elegant light and rigid
- Skeg: Standard plastic — optional larger aluminum model aids in rough water tracking
- Self bailer: Optional, very useful for choppy conditions — a must for open water racing — suction type, 4oz
- Seat: Foam core fiberglass — this design is the best we’ve found for long distance rowing
- Foot Stretchers: Carbon fiber/fiberglass, cored construction, neoprene and Velcro straps — easily adjustable over a 7.5″ range — adjustable heel cup height
- Oarlocks: Adjustable for height, pitch and spread (155-165cm)
- Inspection port: 4″ diameter — comes with an integral nylon bag for wallet, keys, etc.
- Hull and deck construction: Syntactic foam core fiberglass, carbon fiber reinforced, vinyl ester resin, 4-6mil gel coat finish — custom
- Color, stripes, and graphics available
- Positive flotation is provided by four air bags