Designed primarily as a club racer the Maas Single Scull is exceptionally stable, stiff and durable at a weight close to shells costing thousands of dollars more (35 lbs., 33.5 lbs. with performance package).
Carbon fiber/S glass composite construction with a Nomex honeycomb/carbon fiber I-beam creates a very tough and rigid boat that is easily repaired if damaged.
The aluminum wing rigger allows for a lowering of the sculler’s center of gravity, greatly enhancing stability without the lackluster performance normally associated with stable boats. This ease of set up translates to greater speed when the rower cannot consistently apply full power in choppy water or when there is less than perfect sculler balance.
Highly adjustable rigging and our unique flared hull design allow the Single Scull to fit a wide range of people (see design and constructions section of this website). Scullers ranging in weight from 130 lbs. to 220 lbs. successfully race this boat.
It’s light. It’s easy to set up. It’s fast, stiff and durable. A carbon fiber club single at an affordable price.
- Length: 27′ 1″, Beam at washbox: 16.5″, Beam at waterline: 12″
- Weight fully rigged: 35 lbs
- Maximum rower weight: 225 lbs
- Seat tracks: Adjustable fore and aft
- Rigger: Wing style. Welded 6061 T6 aluminum tube construction
- Adjustable for height and work through the pin. Elegant, light and rigid
- Oarlocks: Adjustable for height, pitch and spread (155-165cm)
- Calf Guard: A protective piece installed across the track ends, designed to protect the rower from “boat bite”
- Foot Stretchers: Carbon fiber/fiberglass, cored construction, neoprene and Velcro foot straps — easily adjustable over a 7.5″ range — adjustable heel cup height
- Skeg: Anodized aluminum
- Splash guard: Virtually unbreakable polycarbonate
- Seat: Cored fiberglass composite. Comfortable, smooth and light
- Inspection port: 4″ diameter. Provides access for seat track adjustment
- Hull and deck construction: Syntactic cored carbon fiber and S glass, carbon fiber/Nomex honeycomb I-beam, vinyl ester resin, 4-6 mil gel coat finish. Color: white, choice of red, black, or blue hull pin stripe.